COVID-19 Update 11th January 2021
We are open and our team are available for you and your pets during this difficult time
Following the government decision to enforce a national lockdown in England, please see the following guidelines for Veterinary care from Oakham Vets:
- Veterinary practices provide essential animal health and welfare services so we will remain open during this lockdown to provide 24 hour care for your pets.
- Members of the public are permitted to travel to access veterinary services, but we ask that you adhere to the strict ‘one person per appointment’ rule. Please call us to discuss if you require assistance.
- When you arrive either come into reception to check in, or phone from the car park if there are already other customers in reception. Our customer care team will then advise you on whether you can wait inside or should stay in your car until the waiting area is free. To avoid crowding around reception at busy times please wait outside until there is space.
- Waiting room chairs have been spaced out and numbered to correspond to each consult room. To avoid the risk of contact with other customers please wait at your seat until the vet calls you in.
- In order to help us run to time and avoid you needing to wait please arrive 5 minutes early for your appointment.
- If you prefer to remain outside just phone in and tell us your parking bay number and one of our team will come out to meet you.
Screens have been installed in the consult rooms and around reception and a one way entry/exit system introduced for everyone’s protection. We ask you to pay by card where possible. Video consults are available and we encourage their use to reduce unnecessary travel. Please note that these are chargeable, however, should the vet then advise that you need to bring your pet in to see us you won’t be charged for a second consultation.
In addition, we ask that you continue to do the following;
- Wear a mask
- Sanitise your hands coming in and leaving the practice
- One client per consultation
- Respect the 2m social distancing rule
- Scan the NHS Test and Trace App QR Code on arrival
Please use the online order form to order your repeat medications and food. We ask that you allow us a minimum of 2 working days to prepare your order. Please don’t come inside the practice if you are coming to collect medications. Please call us when you arrive to let us know you are here and arrange payment. A member of our team will then bring your medications outside to you.
If you are showing any of the symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms in the last 14 days, do not come to the practice, even if it’s an emergency. Please arrange for someone else to bring your pet in for you or call us for advice.
We’d like to thank all our customers for their patience and understanding over the past few months, these have been difficult times for everyone. Please help us to keep you and our team safe by adhering to the rules so we can continue to provide the best veterinary care for you and your pets.