Get your small animal veterinary career off to a flying start on our two year Graduate Clinician Programme
Our 2 year programme provides you with the opportunity to get your career off to a flying start through in-practice support, mentoring and clinical case-loads.
You will be able to take responsibility for your own 1st opinion caseload, whilst having the confidence of an experienced team to support you, including a designated senior vet as mentor.
Our clinical team currently consists of certificate holders in Cardiology, Surgery and Medicine, and our association with the University of Nottingham Vet School allows support from Diplomats and visiting specialists in their field.
With a structured clinical & non-clinical development programme which is designed around each graduate’s individual needs and interests, in conjunction with the University of Nottingham Vet School and other external partners, you will gain the knowledge, confidence and experience you were hoping for from your first job.
Our friendly client base allows us to provide gold-standard first opinion preventative programmes through to advanced diagnostics and treatment, investigating clinical problems thoroughly and expertly, at our purpose built, independent, single-site hospital.
As you might expect, our facilities are state of the art and include CT, which allows for even more complex cases to be handled by the team.
An on-site lab and technician will provide plenty of opportunities for further training, and you will have the full support of an enthusiastic and motivated nursing team.
- A career development programme in an independent hospital individually tailored to meet your learning needs
- The opportunity to work and learn alongside experienced and motivated colleagues
- A designated senior vet as mentor
- Weekly meetings with your mentor to discuss progress, provide feedback and assist with RCVS PDP
- Structured and regular CPD averaging at least 1 day per month
- The opportunity to work with another new graduate, sharing ideas, knowledge, experience and support
- Contact and support from new graduates in our equine department and surrounding practices
- The opportunities to work up your own cases within realistic time scales
- 1:3 fully supported OOH rota providing the best opportunity to work-up and treat emergency cases
- £28K starting salary with accommodation provided
- 20 days holiday and 4 day working week
- RCVS, BVA, BSAVA and VDS subscriptions provided
- Potential further career progression opportunities beyond the Programme
- Great location with a wide range of outdoor leisure pursuits on your doorstep